来源：湖北成人教育 www.hbcrjy.cn 浏览数：20
1. A. anything B. many C. animal D. ate
2. A. dollar B. polite C. pocket D. honest
3. A. breath B. mouth C. breathe D. cloth
4. A. over B. open C. often D. only
5. A. beg B. climb C. job D. lab
6. The old man says if you run after two hares (野兔) , you'll catch __________.
A. both B. any C. neither D. either
7. Can you do it __________ than that? Our clients expect the
A. any better; best B. the best; best
C. any better; better D. the best; better
7. It seemed __________ that anyone should be unhappy on such a beautiful morning.
A. important B. impossible C. possible D. usual
9. She hasn't come yet. Her watch __________ have stopped. I will go and wake her up.
A. should B. could C. can D. must
10. She said Mr. Baker __________ to buy a new car because he his old one. It cost him 3,000 dollars.
A. has; had lost B. had; has lost
C. had; had lost D. has; has lost
11. How can we ever do anything if we always __________ among ourselves?
A. talk B. discuss C. quarrel D. shout
12. Turn off the main road here __________ you will come to the lake.
A. so B. and C. but D. or
13. __________ he is thinking about now is not her health, but her safety.
A. That B. What C. Whatever D. Which
14. The little boy wanted to __________ up his hand to ask the teacher a question, but dared not.
A. hang B. wake C. lift D. hold
15. __________ was expected, he performed the task with success.
A. Which B. That C. It D. As
16. __________ as a writer, I don't like him as a man.
A. As I admire him much
B. How ! admire him much
C. How nuch I admire him
D. Much as I admire him
17. She __________ some time trying to figure out what they would be doing.
A. cost B. takes C. paid D. spent
18. He didn't give up smoking although he knew he __________.
A. ought to do B. needn't do C. ought to D. needn't
19. The story of the film is __________ and the music is to the ear.
A. excited; pleased B. exciting; pleasing
C. excited; pleasing D. exciting; pleased
20. They decided to __________ the meeting until after Christmas
A. put, away B. put, down C. put, off D. put, up
Many people believe that Americans love their cars almost more than anything else. They are 21 about cars. Not only is the car the 22 means of transportation in the States, it has 23 become a "plaything".24 the time youngsters become fourteen years old or even 25, they are likely to start 26 of having their own cars.
In the USA, the 27 family, if the father is not 28 work, can afford to buy a new car every five years. However, many young people 29 after school in order to save money to buy a car. Learning to drive and getting a driver license may be one of the most exciting 30 of a young person's life. Driver 31 is one of the most popular courses. At the end of the course the student will 32 a driving test for a license.33 many, that piece of paper means that they have grown up.
In the United States, many men and women 34 to have cars. People use cars to go to work.35 drive cars to go shopping, to take the children to school or for other activities.
21. A. crazy B. careful C. sure D. wonderful
22. A. quickness B. closest C. basic D. scientific
23. A. already B. just C. even D. also
24. A. From B. By C. At D. Until
25. A. later B. earlier C. less D. more
26. A. fond B. imagining C. wishing D. dreaming
27. A. most B. standard C. average D. rich
28. A. at B. from C. out of D. for
29. A. work B. look C. seek D. graduate
30. A. times B. skills C. news D. successes
31. A. club B. experience C. training D. test
32. A. make B. hold C. pass D. take
33. A. For B. So C. Too D. As
34. A. used B. need C. ought D. dear
35. A. Couples B. Woman C. Husbands D. Housewives
The sun's heat warms the air and makes it move. This movement is called wind. Different parts of the Earth receive different amounts of heat. Near the equator (赤道) , the sun is overhead and heats the Earth intensely (强烈). Nearer the poles, the sun's rays strike the Earth at a low angle so the heat is not so intense.
A lot of the earth's heat is reflected back into spaces, by the atmosphere, clouds, dust in the air and by water, snow and ice. So some parts of the Earth are warm and some are cold. Warm air tends to rise and creates areas of high ressure. As warm air rises, cold air flows in and replaces it. The greater the pressure difference is, the stronger the wind blows.
36. A strong wind is usually caused by a difference in__________.
37. Some parts of the Earth are warm and some are cold because__________.
A. a lot of the heat is reflected
B. there are clouds and dust in the air
C. different parts of the Earth receive and reflect different amounts of heat
D. different parts of the Earth have different sources of heat
38. The best title of the article is__________.
A. The Sun's Heat
D. Why Do Winds Blow
Our eating habits are very important for good health and a strong body. There are times when most of us would rather eat sweets and ice-cream than meat and rice. Sweets and ice-cream are not bad if we eat them at the end of a meal. If we eat them before a meal, they may take away our appetite(食欲).
It is important for us to eat our meals at the same time each day. When we feel hungry, it is a sign that our body needs food. When we feel angry or excited, we may not want to eat. A long time ago, in England, some judges used to decide whether a man was telling the truth by giving him some dry bread. If the man could not eat the bread, it showed that he was telling lies. Although this seems very strange and rather foolish, it is indeed a very good way of finding out the fact. A man who is worrying about something has difficulty in eating anything dry. Because he is worrying, he loses his appetite and does not want to eat.
39. We must have good eating habits because__________.
A. we want to eat more
B. we want to enjoy our meals
C. we want to be healthy
D. we want to grow up quickly
40. It is good to eat sweets and ice-cream__________.
A. when we are hungry
B. when we want to
C. at the end of a meal
D. before the meal
41. We'd better have our meals__________.
A. at the same time each day
B. when our work is over
C. when the meal is still hot
D. when every one of the family is home
42. A man who is worrying__________.
A. has a better appetite
B. likes to tell lies
C. likes to eat ice-cream
D. has a poor appetite
There once was a village that had among its people a very wise old man. The villagers trusted this man to provide them with answers to their questions.
One day, a farmer from the village went to the wise man and said," My ox has died and I have no animal to help me plough my field! Isn't this the worst thing that could have possibly happened?" The wise old man replied, "Maybe so, maybe not. " The man thought the wise man had gone mad.
The very next day, however, a strong, young horse was seen near the man's farm. The man caught the horse. How happy the farmer was! He went back to the wise man to apologize. "You were right, wise man. Losing my ox wasn't the worst thing that could have happened. I never would have caught my new horse if that had not happened. This is the best thing that could have happened. " The wise man replied once again, "Maybe so, maybe not. " The farmer thought surely the wise man had gone mad now.
A few days later the farmer's son was thrown off the horse when riding it. He broke his leg and would not be able to help with the crop. Once again, the farmer went to the wise man, "You were right again. Catching my horse was not a good thing. My son is injured. This time I'm sure that this is the worst thing that could have possibly happened. " But, just as he had done before, the wise man replied once again, "Maybe so, maybe not. " The farmer stormed back to the village.
The next day soldiers arrived to take every able-bodied man to the war that had just broken out.
The farmer's son was the only young man in the village who didn't have to go. He would live, while the others would surely die.
Remember： maybe so, maybe not.
43. What happened to the wise man one day?
A. His ox had died.
B. He had no animal to help plough his field.
C. He had gone mad.
D. A farmer came to say the worse thing had happened.
44. What happened to the farmer the next day?
A. A strong, young horse was seen on his farm.
B. He caught a strong, young horse near his farm.
C. The best thing happened to him.
D. The worst thing happened to him.
45. What happened to the farmer's son a few days later?
A. He was thrown off the horse when riding it.
B. He broke his hand and was not be able to go to war.
C. He went to the wise man to tell him about it.
D. He stormed out of the wise man's house.
46. What is the story trying to teach us?
A. We can't always know what will be good or bad for us.
B. We can't know what's going to happen.
C. The worst thing may be the best thing.
D. The best thing may be the worst thing.
We can make mistakes at any age. Some mistakes we make are about money. But most mistakes are about people. "Did Jerry really care when I broke up with Helen? When I got that great job, did Jim really feel good about it, as a friend? Or did he envy my luck?" When we look back, doubts like these can make us feel bad. But when we look back, it's too late.
Why do we often misunderstand others?? Sometimes what people say hides their real meaning. And if we don't really listen we miss the real meaning behind the words. Suppose someone tells you,"You're a lucky dog". That's being friendly. But "lucky dog" .? There is a bit of envy in those words.
What he may be saying is that he doesn't think you deserve your luck.
"Just think of all the things you have to be thankful for" is another sentence that says one thing and means
another. Wrapped up in this phrase is the thought that your problem isn't important. It's telling you to think of all the hungry people in the world when you haven't got a date for Saturday night.
How can you tell the real meaning behind someone's words? One way is to take a good look at the person talking. Do his words fit the way he looks? Does what he say agree with the tone of voice?? His posture(姿势) ? The look in his eyes? Stop and think. The minute you spend thinking about the real meaning of what people say to you may save another mistake.
47. Most mistakes we make are about__________.
48. Why do we make mistakes about people?
A. We are envious of their good luck.
B. We often feel bad about their words.
C. We think too much about our own problems.
D. We fail to listen carefully and miss the real meaning.
49. If someone says" You're a lucky dog" , he__________.
A. is possibly showing his envy
B. thinks you are an enemy
C. wants to become your friend
D. feels you are unlucky
50. Which of the following doesn't help show the real meaning of a person's words?
A. His posture.
B. His clothes.
C. His tone.
D. The look in his eyes.
A ： Excuse me,51 ?
B： Sure, 52, then take the second turn on the right. Walk on until you come to the traffic lights. Then turn left. You can't miss it.
A： 53 ?
B： No, you can walk there.
A： 54 ?
B： It's only about 10 minutes' walk.
B： Not at all. Bye-bye!
How lucky I am to take part in such a good exchange program!
1. D 2. B 3. C 4. C 5. B
6. C 7. A 8. B 9. D 10. C
11. C 12. B 13. B 14. D 15. D
16. D 17. D 18. C 19. B 20. C
21. A 22. C 23. D 24. A 25. B
26. D 27. C 28. C 29. A 30. A
31. C 32. D 33. A 34. B 35. D
36. B 37. C 38. D 39. C 40. C
41. A 42. D 43. D 44. B 45. A
46. A 47. D 48. D 49. A 50. B
51. Could(can)you tell me the way to Tian’an Men/would you kindly tell me the way to Tian’an Men
52. go along this street/walk down this street
53. Should(Do)I need to take a bus/Need I take a bus
54. How far is it
55. Thank you(very much)/Thanks a lot/Many thanks
(五)One possible version：
How lucky I am to take part in such a good exchange program! Here I have learnt what cannot be learnt in class.
Sue's family are very kind. They treat me so well and I feel quite at home. The weather here is very nice and comfortable.
Yesterday I had fun with my foreign friends. Tomorrow we are going to visit Cambridge University. We will return Shanghai on the 20th of December. The plane will arrive at the Shanghai Airport at 10：30 a. m.
Please say "Hi" to Mum and Grandma for me.
I miss you.
Copyright 2004-2020 版权所有 湖北成人教育隶属于武汉大楚教育科学研究院 All rights reserved